STARBUCK'S COFFEE CAKE
source : One Perfect Bite
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (sy gn walnut)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (1/3 cup)
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan. Set aside.
- Make topping by combining 1 cup flour with brown sugar, a stick of softened butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mixture should have consistency of moist sand. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add whole eggs, egg yolk and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add this dry mixture to moist ingredients a little bit at a time. Add milk and mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over batter. Be sure topping completely covers batter.
- Bake cake for 50 minutes, or until edges just begin to turn light brown. Cool. Yield: 12 servings.